The Academy of Educators aims to develop a pilot academy of medical educators who wish to elevate and enrich their teaching through a structured, proven approach.
As a group, the AOE’s goals include:
- Advancing and supporting educators
- Establishing a membership composed of distinguished educators
- Creating a formal organizational structure with designated leadership
- Dedicating resources that fun mission-related initiatives and research
- Establishing a plan for promoting teachers as well as enhancing and advancing educational scholarships
- Developing research initiatives via the Surgical Education and Research Group (SERG)
Dr. Thomas J. Fahey, III, M.D. provides oversight and guidance to the Department of Surgery’s residency and fellowship programs, the Skills Acquisition and Innovation Laboratory (SAIL), the Medical Student Clerkship and our newly formed Academy of Educators (AOE).